tools to identify linux kernel panics and system hangs

Metin KAYA kayameti at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 15:21:39 EDT 2011

Amit, I suggest you to read the "oops messages" part of the document shown in the link of the previous mail. Oops messages give crucial clues in order to debug the crashes. Find out the crash point from the oops output, then trace it via objdump. Other utilities, including jtag, *at most* do not work sanely. Thus, you have to be patient and intuitive while debugging :) BTW, please keep in mind that printk() affects the timing of the crash so it should not be used ASAP.

HTH.