surviving in lkml

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:47:48 EDT 2011

2011/6/2 João Eduardo Luís <jecluis at gmail.com>:
> On Jun 2, 2011, at 7:57 AM, Greg KH wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 02:51:45AM +0100, João Eduardo Luís wrote:
>>> Quite nice presentation. Although I was hoping to see something
>>> stating the correct protocol to repost a question to the list, either
>>> because the previous one was ignored or just went by unnoticed.
>>
>> Just resend it.
>>

> Fair enough.
>
> Will do that, expecting not to be marked as spam by everybody whenever I'm way too persistent with something. :-)

I don't follow lkml per se, but on the lkml associated lists I follow,
people tend to wait at least a week, and sometimes several weeks.

Then they just reply to the original email with "ping, any feedback on
this?", or some other short message.

Especially if you need a specific developer to look at something, or
add it to their set of patches, it can take a while before they have
time to review your patch.

Greg