OS Books suggestion

Daniel Baluta daniel.baluta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:54:30 EDT 2011

Hello,

> * The design of unix operating system (Bach)
>
> * Modern operative systems (Tanenbaum)
>
> * Operating Systems design and implementation(Tanenbaum)
>
> I haven't done formal Computer Science studies, and I don't the time to read the three of them, but as I am working very close to the linux kernel, I am trying to sharp my skills a little.

I would further suggest:
  * kernel area: Linux Kernel Development [1]
  * OS area: Operating Systems Concepts [2]
  * systems area: The Linux Programming Interface [3]

Anyhow, while reading books it's ok in the beginning
to really have a progress in your learning progress
you should start looking at the code.

thanks,
Daniel.

[1] http://www.amazon.com/Linux-Kernel-Development-Robert-Love/dp/0672325128