T.XYZ symbols

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 18:14:39 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Mulyadi Santosa
<mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 01:37, Andreas Platschek
> <andi.platschek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> doesn't look like that, the brute force way says:
>>
>> andi at ideapad:~/linux-3.0-rt2$ egrep -R T.396 *
>> Binary file arch/x86/boot/compressed/vmlinux.bin matches
>> Binary file crypto/gf128mul.ko matches
>> Binary file crypto/gf128mul.o matches
>> Binary file kernel/built-in.o matches
>> Binary file kernel/rtmutex.o matches
>> System.map:c1053461 t T.396
>> Binary file vmlinux matches
>> Binary file vmlinux.o matches
>
> tried checking via lxr.linux.no on any strings that match "396" on 3.0
> tree. So far no luck...so maybe that -rt specific code...

Since it shows with a little 't' this means that its a local symbol.
If I had to guess, it's probably a compiler generated symbol.

It's possible that T.396 just happens to be the closest symbol to the
call location. The only way to know for sure is to disassemble the
module in question and examine what's going on to see if that's the
case.

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada