regarding do_IRQ()

santhosh kumars karuna.linux at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 07:48:00 EDT 2011

Hi
I am reading robertlove implementing interrupt handlers.
When interrupt comes, the processor immediately stops what it is
doing, disables the interrupt system (I am assuming disables all local
interrupts of that processor)and jumps to the initial entry point
where it calls do_IRQ().
do_IRQ() acknowledges the receipt of the interrupt and disables the
interrupt delivery on the line.
Here is my question  like ,If do_IRQ()  disables the interrupt
delivery on the line(I am assuming it disables the interrupt delivery
to all other processors on that line),then what about the other
devices which are sharing same interrupt line and trying to send
interrupts to processors.

thanks,
santhu.