Regarding remap_pfn_page

mindentropy mindentropy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:29:16 EDT 2011

>>huge range means you already have huge physical memory to be mapped
>>and user space process has huge virtual memory area to accomodate
>>that. Note that is mapping is specific to one particular process (or
>>threads sharing process address space) so it is fairly possible to
>>establish mmap.

>Assuming you have 1 single page size of physical memory. Now when you mmap a
>huge size would all the different virtual addresses be mapping onto the same
>physical page frame?

Apologize for multiple messages.

On my x86_64 machine with 3GB of RAM I cannot mmap a of len=16*1024*1024. So I
am assuming it did not find contiguous pages or has run out of contiguous
pages(Again assuming that the amount of pages reserved for this is small
either the memory hole or the high memory).