Regarding remap_pfn_page

mindentropy mindentropy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:41:45 EDT 2011

>>  When I mmap pages via remap_pfn_page method would the physical frames
>> assigned the linear address be contiguous?

>remap_pfn_range is just going to established a secondary virtual
>address mapping for these pages into the caller process' page tables,
>irrespective of whether these pages have kernel linear address or not.

Yes I got that. Hopefully the secondary virtual address mapping you are
referring to would be the process address space mapping. Just for testing and
making it act like I have mmap'd system RAM I have assigned kernel linear
addresses to by doing a

char *ch = (char *)kmap(pgmem = pfn_to_page(vma->vm_pgoff);
setting a value "TEST" and reading it in the userspace process after mmap'ing
the physical range.

Also I can map different process address space to the same physical page frame
right?