how to apply patches from git ?

Calvin Johnson linux.cj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 06:01:41 EDT 2011

>>also, how do u clone a particular git tree for a particular tag
>>for example
>>if i use git clone
>>git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
linux-2.6
>>it will clone the linus latest tree but if i want to clone only till
>>rc4 or rc5 of his tree how to do it.

Once you clone, you get the entire source in the master branch.

git branch => will show which branch you are in currently

If you want to see the list of tags use => git tag -l

and then if you want to checkout a particular tag to a new branch created
from the master, use
=> git checkout -b v3.0-rc4

regards,
Calvin