Device mapper header file error

Adil Mujeeb mujeeb.adil at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:19:50 EDT 2011

Hi List,****

** **

I am trying to compile a kernel module which uses the device mapper header
files (dm.h and dm-bio-list.h). I checked in the stock kernel source that
these files are present under drivers/md directory.****

When I try to build the module, it gives error for these header files as
missing. I checked the Makefile and found that it includes the path
(-I$(TOPDIR)/ drivers/md)****

** **

But when I check the content of this directory on my machine it doesn’t
include the header files:****

[root at localhost redhat]# ls /usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-8.el5-i686/drivers/md***
*

Kconfig  Makefile  raid6test****

[root at localhost redhat]#****

** **

While the other header files referred by the kernel module under
include/linux directory exists.****

** **

My machine detail:****

[adil at localhost ~]$ uname -a****

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-8.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jan 26 14:15:21 EST 2007
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux****

[adil at localhost ~]$****

** **

Thanks in advance.****