Creating the same random numbers

Enrico Granata egranata at ucsd.edu
Sat Jan 29 16:09:59 EST 2011

Apart from the obvious consideration that repeating numbers are NOT random anymore, I guess what the original question asker wanted to know is:

I need to generate some random numbers (so I need a PRNG). Then, I need to save these random numbers somewhere so I can use them over and over again to check some kernel modules.
Can't you simply write a C program that generates, say, 1 million random values, writes them to a file, and then use them?

Enrico Granata
Computer Science & Engineering Department (EBU3B) - Room 3240
office phone 858 534 9914
University of California, San Diego