NULL pointer dereference....

Murali N nalajala.murali at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 03:57:17 EST 2011

Hi,
I am seeing a kernel panic while i keep on reset my device (ARM based) .
In one of the reset sequence ( not every immediate reset, after a
random resets) i am seeing my platform device structure becoming NULL.
The device pointer is one of the member in the my local driver
structure. Interestingly it is a first variable in that structure.
When the kernel panic happens when i check the other structure
variables all are fine except the first 2 variables. ( device pointer
is the first variable in that structure).

In kernel is there any way that i can put a watch on the memory
locations/variable updates? If it is possible please know me the
procedure to do that.

I appreciate your help.

--
Regards,