anyone know of a resolution for the intel i915 "black screen" issue?

Philip Downer phil at pjd.me.uk
Sat Jan 15 07:35:39 EST 2011

On 15/01/11 10:37, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>    a quick perusal of the git log shows a number of recent i915-related
> commits.  still not sure what fixed things so i'll be keeping at least
> a couple earlier working kernels around.

There was a recent mention of what I think is the issue on LWN, I tried
to find out what the 'blank screen' issue was when mentioned as I have
several boxes with intel graphics that haven't had issues, but couldn't
find any more info, anyway excerpt and link below...

"While we were on our holiday break, 2.6.37-rc8 was released on December
28. "The -rc8 release shouldn't be all that exciting. The most
noticeable is probably the fact that hopefully the 'blank screen'
problem with intel graphics is fixed. But on the whole, it's all just a
collection of random fixes all over." See the full changelog for all the
details." -lwn [1]

Phil

[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/420887/