anyone know of a resolution for the intel i915 "black screen" issue?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 17:13:03 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Robert P. J. Day
<rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>  i haven't been following closely enough -- has there been a solution
> checked in for the (common) problem of recent git trees producing a
> totally black screen shortly after boot with onboard intel i915
> graphics?
>
>  i'd really like to start building kernels again for my ubuntu system
> but everything lately still gives me a black screen.
>
> rday

robert,

I haven't seen any reports of that on the opensuse list and they are
using 2.6.37 kernels for factory.

They did have issues like that back in 2.6.34 timeframe (ie. when os
11.3 was released), so one had to disable the new KMS driver if you
had an intel graphics adapter.

So I'm not sure which kernel you're worried about.

Greg