How to design protocol stack with can-bus driver of character driver

cheng chen freakrobot at acm.org
Thu Jan 13 11:42:52 EST 2011

Hi all,
I am working on vehicle body control system with can-bus as my BE final
project.
It contains three parts.

1.CAN chip driver
2.CAN-bus protocol stack
3.UI

The problem is that I already have written the CAN chip driver as  a
character device driver using IO-simulated SPI.
So with this character driver API open() read() write() ioctl(), I start to
wonder where can I put my protocol stack?
Or should rewrite the driver in network device frameworks?

Thx

--
Cheng(誠)

Fedora Project Contributor -- Ambassador
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Freakrobot