ARM Cross Compilation Toolchain on x86 machine

Madhavi Manchala madhavi.linux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 04:30:58 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:44 AM, Manohar Vanga <manohar.vanga at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would suggest using ELDK. I have had an easy time setting it up in the
> past.
> $ wget ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/4.2/arm-linux-x86/iso/arm-2008-11-24.iso
> $ mount -o loop arm-2008-11-24.iso /mnt
> $ cd /mnt
> $ sudo ./install -d /opt/eldk-4.2
> Now add "/opt/eldk-4.2/usr/bin/" to your PATH.  My preferred method is to
> instead do
> $ export CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/eldk-4.2/usr/bin/arm-linux-
> and use the $CROSS_COMPILE variable when setting the toolchains in my
> Makefiles. Hope this helps :-)

Thanks Manohar.

Where can I get the list of supported CPU family types for ARM
architecture like ARM5, ARM7, ARM926EJ etc. In case of Power
Architecture (PPC) there is a list as shown in the below link at ELDK
site
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKSupportedTargetArchitectures

The same is also mentioned in the table at 3.6.A Table of possible
values for $CROSS_COMPILE section of the ELDK at
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKUsage

For us, ARM9 is suitable.

Thanks and Regards,
Madhavi M.