ARM Cross Compilation Toolchain on x86 machine

Madhavi Manchala madhavi.linux at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 10:38:59 EST 2011

Dear All,

We are unable to build the ARM cross compilation tools for
arm-elf-gcc-3.4.3 on my x86 machine on which we installed the Ubuntu
9.10 distribution OS with 2.6.35 kernel version. The gcc version on
x86 machine is 4.3.3. We need to compile some sources on my x86
machine for our target machine which is based on ARM architecture. We
have gone through following links to build the cross compilation tools
for arm-elf-gcc 3.4.3 on my x86 machine.

http://www.ailis.de/~k/archives/19-ARM-cross-compiling-howto.html
http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/current/doc/crosstool-howto.html
http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/

Unfortunately we end up with different types of errors. When we fix
one error then we get another new error. We tried in different ways to
build the tools on my x86 machine. There is no luck at all. We also
gone through the http://www.gnuarm.com/ site and downloaded the
binaries for gcc 3.4. toolchain. However, we did not find any README
for how to use these binaries.

Please let us know if there is any clean procedure/document/link for
building/using the arm-elf-gcc 3.4.3 toolchain on my x86 machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and help us a lot.

Thanks and Regards,
Madhavi M.