Questions about complete

loody miloody at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 03:05:10 EST 2011

hi:

2011/1/6 Pavan Savoy <pavan_savoy at sify.com>:
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 12:23 PM, loody <miloody at gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi:

>>> returned value of wait_for_completion_timeout ?
>> No.
>> I want to measure the duration of complete to the time of wake up
>> process who is pending on wait.
>
> Ah, Ok, Got it...
> I would do a copy of jiffies before the complete and do a diff for
> jiffies after the
> wait_for_ ...
>
> I suppose there would be much more better/optimized way ....
thank U :)
why I ask so is I am porting kernel to other platform right now.
and I found the time of getting complete is too long.
What I mean is
function A call wait_complete_timeout
function B complete
theoretically A will get complete and leave successfully
but my platform A will told me that before timeout the complete is not got.

Regards,
miloody