Linux - Getting your Hands Wet & Dirty

Rajat Sharma fs.rajat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 01:05:00 EST 2011

Hi Sakshi,

Well this discussion may be going off the way of technical kernel discussion
on this list, but its anyway the aim is to get you point you in a kernel
development direction.

I think the situation with you is very common. What I can suggest is that
you join a group where you know people are working on kernel development.
You may not directly work on kernel components but user space utilities
around that. You can always ask for small kernel assignments or bug fixes in
kernel drivers from your manager and gradually prove yourself fit for kernel
development.

Trust me, this works. At least it worked for me.

All the best!!

Rajat