new link list

Javier Martinez Canillas martinez.javier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 09:30:36 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 1:08 PM, mohit verma <mohit89mlnc at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>  i want to create a new link list of data structures( define by me) in
> kernel space. for that what are the essential steps to make this link list
> known to kernel??

I don't know if I got it right. But if what you want is to create a
linked list for your data structures, you have to use the kernel
linked list API.

A good explanation about how is implemented and how to use it is in
the kernel newbies website.

http://kernelnewbies.org/FAQ/LinkedLists

Also the Linux Device Drivers 3 book has an excelent section that
covers the linked list API

http://www.makelinux.net/ldd3/chp-11-sect-5.shtml

You can look at the complete API in the kernel.org website

http://www.kernel.org/doc/htmldocs/kernel-api/adt.html#id484623

Best regards,

Javier Martínez Canillas
(+34) 682 39 81 69
PhD Student in High Performance Computing
Computer Architecture and Operating System Department (CAOS)
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Barcelona, Spain