SRIO maintenance read hangs (mpc8548)

shrikant hegde shrikant.h at genesis-in.com
Thu Feb 17 07:37:31 EST 2011

Hi all,

    I am working on srio; When i tried to send maintenance packet to switch
it hangs.

Symptom

when i tried to read DIDCAR  of switch,( i.e read 0x8000_0000 ), or HDIDLOCK
(0x8000_0068 ), execution of code hangs;  if i press break in code warrior
its coming out with an error.

register value dump

EPWISR     0x80000000                     --         physical or
logical/transport error interrupt
LTLEDCSR  0x08000000                     --      illegal transaction decode,
received request/response packet
LTLCCCSR  0x82000000

 Below are my system detail:

Processor mpc8548 and Tsi578 switch. Processor is connected to switch on
same board.I have written standalone code (no OS) to exercise srio, using
code warrior.

Processor side configurations
Its configured to 1x, 2.5gbs, host.
law and tlb are configured.
0x8000_0000 0x8FFF_FFFF
maintenance window configured
0x8000_0000 0x8000_0FFF   (4k)

switch side configuration
1x,2.5gbs, swap disabled (configured during POR)

Processor side link training bit is setting.

Am  I missing any configuration , in switch side or processor side ?
Any pointer is very helpful.

Forgive me if its a wrong forum to post srio queries.

thanks
shrikant