Mapping memory between kernel and user space

Sri Ram Vemulpali sri.ram.gmu06 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 12:15:08 EST 2011

As was suggested I started reading chap 15v from LDD. I ran more into
confusion state.

I know that virtual address(process space), linear address
(segmentation) and physical address. And how are they resolved from
virtual to physical.
But coming to kernel they distinguish logical address from virtual
address. What is the main difference.
Also, they emphasize on high memory and low memory. Why can not high
memory can be mapped in to kernel completely.
Why is that kernel has less visibility of complete space available on RAM.
Linux MM is it a very specific implementation of linux, or Is that a
traditional implementation.

what is very minimal implementation of MMU for real time systems.

Thanks in advance.

--Sri.

--
Regards,