interrupt handler in arm question

subin gangadharan subingangadharan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 13:05:16 EST 2011

Hi Kosta,

Thanks for answering.I really appreciate you taking the time to answer
my question.

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Konstantin Zertsekel
<zertsekel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2) In case of FIQ mode to which routine it jumps to,basically in IRQ
>> mode it jumps to    either __irq_svc or __irq_usr as you explained
>> earlier.
>>    I have looked at the source code, but I couldn't figure out in
>> case of FIQ, where its    branching to.
>
> That's for a good reason :-)
> FIQ exception is not implemented in Linux Kernel.
> Actually, when ARM CPU takes FIQ exception, it branches to 0xffff001c
> address, which contains the below code from entry-armv.S:
> vector_fiq:
>        disable_fiq
>        subs    pc, lr, #4
>
> Now, disable_fiq not implemented for all the platforms.
> But, anyway, 'subs pc, lr, #4' returns the CPU to the point where
> FIQ exception has happened and the system continues to run as usual.

As you said, disable_fiq is empty in OMAP architecture.
.macro  disable_fiq
.endm

So from the above explanation,I can saythat LINUX is not making use of
FIQ feature of arm.Am I right?

--
With Regards
Subin Gangadharan

I am not afraid and I am also not afraid of being afraid.