kernel 3.2rc4 hangs if I use allyesconfig

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 00:14:40 EST 2011

On 09/12/2011, rajaneesh acharya <rajaneeshacharya at indiatimes.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>   I created a kernel using the target as allyesconfig. The machine fails to
> bootup (just hangs with 100% cpu utilization) with message "Booting the
> kernel"
> If I use the config from a distro and create the kernel image, it boots
> fine..

Hi Rajanesh

Could you post at least 20 lines of boot messages up to the time it
hangs? The clue is quite too few IMHO.

AFAIK, it already passed the decompressing of kernel image, so at
least we know there is little chance kernel image got corrupted.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant