Measuring time in range of microseconds.

Sathishkumar Duraisamy bewithsathish at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 03:47:14 EST 2011

Hi,

I am writing a module to measure time taken between two events. I have
to measure time in microseconds. Some articles says about High
resolution timers. As per the article
http://elinux.org/High_Resolution_Timers, I read cat /proc/timer_list
which says 10000000ns as resolution ( which is 10ms). I think with
this resolution I cannot measure in the range of microseconds. I
couldn't able to find support for HR timer in kernel menuconfig.

I am using kernel 2.6.36.2. Can you please help me to, "How do enable
this timer. Or is there any other means to measure time or simply I
have to use the timer hardware directly?"

--
With Thanks,
Sathishkumar D