Can not free irq 0

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 13:31:15 EDT 2011

Hi...

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 22:23, Parmenides <mobile.parmenides at gmail.com> wrote:
>    I wonder how an interrupt handler work, and so try to make one by
> myself. The first problem is which irq number should I select to hook
> an interrupt handler on it. In terms of the following messages, I
> think irq 0 can be adopted because the number of interrupts raised
> remains 145 and does not increase any more.

are you really sure? in my system (laptop with core duo cpu) it is
increased by around 1000-2000 every 2 seconds and AFAIK it is using
HPET.

So maybe IMO free_irq() is causing your cpu referencing null
instruction...that might be due to free_irq is not checking whether it
is safe to delete a handler....

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa