How to make the kernel support NTFS?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 09:47:48 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Parmenides <mobile.parmenides at gmail.com> wrote:
>> NFS != NTFS
>
> Yes, I have checked my spelling.
>

>> You are trying to mount the root file system using Network File System
>> (NFS) - remote mounting.
>>
>> NFS option is in File system > Network File System > NFS
>
> The parameter passed to kernel by grub is
>
>                            kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.34 root=/dev/hda1

I haven't really followed this thread, but noticed the use of
/dev/hda.  That naming convention is indicative of the drivers/ide
kernel component being in use.

I guess you know /drivers/ide has been in a bug-fix only mode for a
couple years now I think.  Even in 2.6.34 days it was primarily only
recommended for embedded applications where kernel size was very
important.  (ie. The newer libata solution is layered under the SCSI
stack, so you end up with a bigger kernel due to all the SCSI overhead
required.)

Greg