Thunderbolt and Mac Book Pro

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 18:55:34 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 06:21:52PM -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me the status of the linux kernel getting Thunderbolt
>> support for the latest Mac Book Pro?
>
> None at this point in time, sorry.
>
> I'm going to be kicking a few people that work at Intel on this code
> this week, so hopefully it should be forthcoming "soon".
>
> greg k-h

Thanks Greg.

In my day job, a boot CD that can handle as many devices as possible
is great to have.  I guess I'll have to wait for a few more months on
this one.

Believe it or not, these guys are selling a boot USB thumb drive for
"imaging" a Mac for $600.  (ie. Imaging is just a fancy way of saying
"dd if=/dev/sda  of=imagefile" with some error logic and MD5 magic
thrown in for good measure.).

https://www.blackbagtech.com/forensics/macquisition/macquisition.html

I don't know if macquisition has Thunderbolt support yet, but I think
it does.  Hopefully I won't need Thunderbolt support $600 worth
between now and the Linux Kernel getting it.

Greg