Need help in understanding sysfs

Vaibhav Jain vjoss197 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:43:31 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Jeff Haran <jharan at bytemobile.com> wrote:

> [...]

 Hi,

Sorry for the vague question. I would clarify. There are two things I need :

1-  I need to know how information is organized in the sysfs and  understand
the concepts of kobjects , attributes etc.

2.- I need to understand how to create a file entry in the sysfs.
Particulary i need to create an entry inside the
directory /sys/devices/system/cpu/ . I will be required
to write some driver in the future which will accept inputs from this file
but I am not very clear about that right now. So I was thinking of just
trying to create an entry for now.

I tried searching the web but there are not many articles that explain the
above two in detail unlike procfs for which there are a lot of articles with
samples.
The ones I found were not very interesting to read.

Thanks
Vaibhav Jain