Enabling tickless kernel feature in ARM

Vikram Narayanan vikram186 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 09:49:22 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Mulyadi Santosa
<mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Vikram...
>
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:09, Vikram Narayanan <vikram186 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do I need to enable hrtimers for enabling the dynamic tick feature.?
>
> maybe... but I am not sure about that...  what are the timer provided
> in your machine, anyway?
Four 16-bit general purpose timers(which can also be used as 32 bit
counters), and an RTC (24-bit)
The max clock freq is 48 Mhz, which may be downscaled to any value
which will be fed as an input to these timers.
I guess hrtimers is impossible in these frequencies. What's your
opinion on this?

Thanks,
Vikram