Enabling tickless kernel feature in ARM

Vikram Narayanan vikram186 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 09:55:16 EDT 2011

Hi,

I want to enable the dynamic tick aka tickless kernel feature for the
BSP which I am developing. What are all the architecture dependent
changes that needs to be done for implementing it.
There was one struct by the name dyn_tick_timer, which is located
under linux/include/asm-arm/mach/time.h file. (which is removed from v
2.6.27)
Now my question is that, are all the dyn_tick_timer functionalities
are moved to a generic interface somewhere?
Are the clock source and clockevent device timers enough to take care
of the tickless feature?

-
Vikram