Unable to remove kernel module showing permanent using lsmod

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 13:14:08 EDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 13:19, sakthi selvam <sakthi.cdm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>                 Thanks for your suggestion. Finally, I identified the
> solution for the permanent issued I faced after loading my kernel module.
> The solution is the kernel macro; 'USE_IMMEDIATE' has to be defined (to be
> given as -DUSE_IMMEDIATE along with compiler flags) during compilation of my
> module.

Great! :)

Well, I think this is what this list for...to help someone able to
solve his/her own problem... and for sure, you learn something :)

Regarding the macro, I never read about that before...quite likely
that's an internal "define" block that enable a block of code (ala "if
define then....")..and it seems, that's somewhat critical...

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant