i/o opening error for PCI access

Sengottuvelan S sengottuvelan.s at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 13:11:22 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to access /dev/mem in my user process. I could not access
because not a privileged access. I tried to use iopl(3) call in linux 2.6,
but i am getting unresolved symbol for this.  Is any other way to get access
in user process. I am not sure how to solve this. Can you someone throw some
light on this.

   if(iopl(3)){
        fprintf(stderr, "Cannot get I/O permissions (being root helps)");
        return -1;
    }
  if ((fd = open("/dev/mem", O_RDWR | O_SYNC)) < 0) {
        fprintf(stderr, "Failed to open /dev/mem");
        return -1;
    }

--
Regards,