[RFC][GSoC] HFSPlus Journaling proposal

Naohiro Aota naota at elisp.net
Sat Apr 2 15:16:07 EDT 2011

Hello,

I wrote HFSPlus journaling proposal, could anyone take a look at on this
and give me some advice?

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/naota/1

>From proposal abstract:

 This project aim to implement HFSPlus journal feature on Linux
 kernel. HFSPlus is a filesystem mostly on MacOS. Currently we have
 HFSPlus write access only if the journal feature is disabled. Every
 year, Apple deploy new notebook computers, which has larger power off
 risk than desktop ones, so it is not good to disable the feature. With
 journal supported, life with Linux on dual-booting Mac will be more
 easy and fun.

Regards,