Creating kernel-devel and kernel-header

Smital Desai Smital.Desai at lntinfotech.com
Thu Dec 30 10:25:38 EST 2010

_______________________________________
From: kernelnewbies-bounces at kernelnewbies.org [kernelnewbies-bounces at kernelnewbies.org] On Behalf Of Anil [unnikrishnan.anil at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:47 PM
To: kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org
Subject: Creating kernel-devel and kernel-header

Hey everyone,

> I'm trying to create a custom kernel for my Fedora 14 system.How do I get the kernel-devel and kernel-header for my custom kernel?
> Do I have to write a separate spec file for that?Are there any links that will help me with it?

   Just invoke the following command  and you should be ok.

   sudo yum install kernel-devel kernel-headers

Anil Unnikrishnan.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and  using or disseminating the information,  and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"