custom kernel install - query

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 23:25:20 EST 2010

Hi

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 08:23, Sengottuvelan S
<sengottuvelan.s at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am trying to install new custom kernel in my ubundu. I am able to see
> "vmlinuz-2.6.x.x-custom-velan" and System.map-2.6.x.x-custom-velan in my
> /boot after
> #make-kpkg --initrd --append-to-version=-custom_velan kernel_image
> kernel_headers

never use make-kpkg by myself, but after reading
http://man.he.net/man1/make-kpkg, IMO you need to study about
"kernel_image" target. Seems it will be the one you needed.

NB: even without make-kpkg, now kernel has "make deb-pkg"
target...seems it will fit your need too.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant