Amateur radio Spin

David Sastre d.sastre.medina at gmail.com
Fri May 1 11:18:51 EDT 2020

Hello,

With regards to inclusion of packages in the spin, I'd love to have electrical
engineering related packages in it as well.
>From what I can see in:

# dnf group info "Electronic Lab"

Included packages seem to be internally managed via RPM @groups, if so,
electrical engineering packages could be optional.
What do you think?

I agree GNOME can be a bit too much for low spec machines, but I also
think there
can be different use cases for the spin, e.g., headless installation.
Could the spin's installer provide logic for that? In the end, the
desktop of choice is
basically another RPM @group.
(There seems to be logic in the installer for that in some flavours already)

Cheers!