NBEMS (fldigi et. all) updates

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:13:45 EDT 2020

Just reaching out to see who all uses the NBEMS suite of programs,
specifically fldigi, flrig, and flmsg.

Over the last month I have taken up trying to learn C/C++ and decided to
use Dave's suite of programs to cut my teeth on. I've "fixed" a number of
things in the three above programs but they haven't been included in a
release... yet.

Some of them are important enough I've been applying them a patches to the
current Fedora builds.

Here's a summary log of my changes:

fldigi: (mostly compiler warnings and MinGW fixes)
77ac39e8 Comment out memset in fsq.cxx and other type fixes.
87b3c9d1 Cast to int from trx_mode (intptr_t) with LOG_ statement.
4b49672c Require use of system regex.
70ab21ae MinGW updates:
aff671cf Can't pass by reference as it may change (or not be valid) by the
time it's executed.
f7dd4994 For rigCAT_update_pwrlevel, change from void to long for
consistance (since type is known) and pass by reference instead of pointer
since we're dealing with C++
fcc7996a Bring in needed files from tmp/mingw for nsis packaging.
470e062f Additional fixes for MinGW 64bit.
e00075b6 Fix warning about boundary.
3acdfaa1 Fix warning about boundary issue.

flrig:
7e9e2e4 FT-991A.cxx: get/set split fixes:
73bb797 Formatting cleanup on FT991.
db36b7d FT-991A mic gain values are 0 .. 100.
3e9735e FT-450D Mic Gain fixes
2a293ca cppcheck: XmlRpc
f84304f Remove superfluous ceil call in get_rf_gain() as the cast to int
truncates it anyway.
7744166 Tweaks for Yaesu FT-450D and Kenwood TS-480SAT

flmsg:
c2e2b50 Add check in function arqlog for when nom is not empty bus s is.
- This one fixes a crash when pressing the "Send" button.
eed58aa cppcheck: fix memory leaks src/utils/status.cxx.
d1e479f cppcheck: fix memory leaks in src/utils/parse_xml.cxx.
bede427 cppcheck: fix memory leaks in src/transfer/transfer.cxx.
0da8b1a cppcheck: fix memory leaks in src/flmsg.cxx.
745da0f cppcheck: fix memory leaks in src/custom/custom.cxx.
f971885 cppcheck: fix memory leaks in csv.cxx.

Thanks,
Richard
KF5OIM