Presentation / Fedora Badge for this SIG Group

Rodrigo de Araujo rodrigodearaujo at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 2 10:26:17 EDT 2016

CQ, CQ, CQ DX!

Hello!

My name is Rodrigo de Araujo
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Rodrigodearaujo> and I am becoming an
amateur operator soon. I´m a SWL since 2000 and I have interest in joining
this SIG as soon as possible. I think this SIG is a wonderful idea,
congratulations to KC0WYC
<https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/announce@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/AIDIERU6UGCWUMJFSBDFPHV4R2I244IN/>and
for everyone involved. I want to collaborate!

I got my approval to get my Brazilian call-sign (starting with PU4) and I
will pay the fees at the beginning of 2017 so I can TX. I already have a
radio and I´m building my first my coax antenna.

At this list is associated with kernelnewbies.org I wonder if there is a
FAS Group for Amateur Radio SIG. I can create it or explain how to create
one if it does not exist.

The reason of my question is simple:  If there is, the Badges team can set
up a way for the badge to be automatically awarded to people who are
sponsored into the SIG.

What badge? Good news. I suggested a concept for a badge
<https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/ticket/463> for Fedora Amateur SIG
group as there is for the other SIGs and it was approved.

Now we need to check a way to give that badge for everyone in this SIG. The
easiest way is to have the members assigned to a FAS Group. This list can
be kept, it´s only for the badges giving.

I wonder if I can add my name to the table as a SWL for now (PY4004SWL)

Thank you very much

73!!

[image: Publicitário e Editor Audiovisual]
<https://htmlsig.com/t/0000001BMYD9B>

Rodrigo de Araujo

Fedora Project Contributor

FAS: rodrigodearaujo