Packaging Linrad for Fedora

John C. Peterson jcp at shellx.eskimo.com
Wed Apr 8 14:08:57 EDT 2015

On Tue Apr 7 22:52:38 EDT 2015, Leif Asbrink wrote:
> > There are two solutions to this problem. One would be to modify
> > Linrad to look for shared libs with the needed device support at
> > run time, using something like dlopen().
> This is already implemented. Linrad uses dlopen on all hardware
> related libraries and would thell the uset what library is missing.
> It is then up to the user to search the Internet for libbladeRF.so
> or whatever is missing.

Hej Leif,

I did a quick (and uneventful) build of Linrad last night to refresh
my memory of what all is involved.  As you noted, the configure script
informs you about any missing 3-rd party software for SDR device
support. I have a question that I didn't have time to dig into and
answer myself.

If a device support library is missing (e.g. libperseus-sdr.so) at
compile time, can the Linrad executable (via your dlopen() code) still
find that library at runtime?  Or must the support library and any
associated header files for that device be installed at compile time
for it to find it at runtime?

73, John

--
John C. Peterson, KD6EKQ