Install instructions

Todd Lyons tlyons at ivenue.com
Thu Jun 27 19:36:21 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Eric Henson <ehenson at pfsweb.com> wrote:
> Okay, sendmail is receiving email. However, the script isn’t running, here’s
> the error:

> | /opt/spamikaze/scripts/passivetrap.pl
>     (reason: Service unavailable)
>     (expanded from: <passive at antispam.pfsweb.com>)

> smrsh: "passivetrap.pl" not available for sendmail programs (stat failed)
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

You have the sendmail restricted shell enabled which is a way of
keeping sendmail from calling programs that the sysadmin doesn't know
about (thus keeping any number of user controlled programs from being
called from .forward files that could damage things).  Find in your
sendmail config where the smrsh directory is defined (/etc/smrsh/ in
most configurations that I've ever come across), then go into that
subdirectory and make a symlink to the file passivetrap.pl.  That
tells sendmail that you allow that program to be called by sendmail in
normal operation.

...Todd