Fwd: Qemu hangs at Starting KernelMemorySanitizer

Camila Alvarez cam.alvarez.i at gmail.com
Mon May 13 22:16:37 EDT 2024

Hello all,
I'm trying to debug a KMSAN related issue. To do so I created a QEMU
instance to replicate the bug, however, it gets stuck at startup.
It gets stuck after saying:

Starting KernelMemorySanitizer
ATTENTION: KMSAN is a debugging tool! Do not use on production machines!

Has anyone experienced something similar?
Do you have any idea of which configuration options I should look into?

To give some context: I'm working on an ARM64 machine, and I'm cross
compiling the kernel for x86_64 using clang.

Thanks!