Earlier Linux Code...

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri May 26 03:50:55 EDT 2023

On Fri, 26 May 2023, Deepak Goel wrote:

> Hello
> I am a newbie.
>
> Is it possible to find the linux code of earlier versions like
> 0.1,0.2,...1.0, 1.1...?
>
> Please advise. Thank you.

  I'm confused ... recently, you were asking people on this list to
spoon-feed you the most basic fundamentals of *modern* Linux; now,
you're suddenly interested in versions that are more than 30 years old
and have absolutely no value beyond being historical curiosities.

  What value do you plan on getting out of examining Linux 0.99? How
do you think this will enable you to get a handle on modern Linux,
with its plethora of drivers for devices that did not even exist back
then?

  As before, a simple online search would have told you where to look.
I'm starting to think this entire list is being trolled.

rday