MAC resolution issue [Two ethernet ports on same subnet]

Hitesh Patidar hitesh08patidar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 04:06:29 EST 2023

Hi,

I am using a system with two onboard ethernet ports with CentOS 7. When I
connect both these ports to the DHCP server setup on another node, the arp
entry of DHCP server node displays two different IP addresses that resolve
to same MAC address. The ARP reply from the system is providing same MAC
for ARP requests received for both the ports.

My requirement is to have mapping of 2 distinct IPs to 2 MACs.

Instead of CentOS 7, if I use Ubuntu 22 Desktop on my system, the 2 IPs are
mapped to 2 different MACs.

Kindly advice on how to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Hitesh Patidar