unable to detect ov5640 mipi module in Raspberry Pi

subbu Subhash lavudijannisubhash at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 13:14:06 EDT 2022

Hello,
       I'm trying to integrate ov5640 with Raspberry Pi, for that it should
first detect as i2c device with the help of dts file, so first I took
ov5647-overlay.dts
<https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/blob/d2600ce4dcdaf339cd72191ac2148048c8392a75/arch/arm/boot/dts/overlays/ov5647-overlay.dts>
dts file and tried to use same structure for ov5640, present i just
replaced ov5647 with ov5640 and replaced reg address value 36 with 3c, I
changed these 2 things only, after compiling and placing dtbo files under
*/boot/overlays/*   after rebooting
I did not  find any i2c device node for ov5640,
So can anyone tell me how to write a dts file to inorder to detect one MIPI
sensor module?
raspberry Pi kernel version : 5.15.70-v7l+.

regards,
Subhash