Extract patch from kernel mailing list

neutrino network neutrino.network1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 03:46:26 EDT 2022

On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 9:09 PM Konstantin Ryabitsev <
konstantin at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 06, 2022 at 01:21:04PM +0500, neutrino network wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > How to extract patches from the kernel mailing list?
>
> If you do it frequently and want a convenient tool to do it, I suggest you
> look at b4:
> https://b4.docs.kernel.org/en/stable-0.10.y/
>
> -K

Thank you all, using "b4" to extract the mbox and "git am" to apply on
target repo was helpful. Sharing steps;

   - Get message ID from the email posted on KML with patch/es

   - Clone linux repo, git clone git://
   git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git

   - Get mbox of your KML patches;
      - yum install b4
      - b4 am <email-message-id> /*Generate mbox id at end, starting with
      "git am" command*/
      - git am ./<b4-generated-mbx-id>.mbx /*Copy paste the command after
      your b4 am completed succesfully*/
      - It will apply all the patches in the series on your local linux
      repository

 cheers.