Working with kernel cifs, NFS

Richard richard_siegfried at systemli.org
Thu Nov 24 11:45:42 EST 2022

Hi, z

> [..]
> modules should installed and start listening with their port.
>

> So am I missing something?

Yes. For NFS you first have to configure a export i.e. shared folder and
afaik in /etc/exports, but this is easily google-able. Maybe you also
need some userspace stuff, I think there is a nfs-kernel-server package
on debian.

When all this is setup the kernelmodule gets loaded, that is maybe done
by udev or by systemd, I don't know the details.

It should be similar for cifs, in that you need to do some configuration
in userspace first.

Cheers,
-- Richard