How to compile source code of new kernel specifically for my pc hardware with uefi secure boot.

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Mar 1 04:27:26 EST 2022

On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 11:14:32PM +0530, Guddla Rupesh wrote:
> Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have pc i3 processor and h510 motherboard
> It has uefi. I have installed open suse tumblewood and all the packages
> have been updated. As the default kernel provided by open suse tumblewood
> is not working properly I want to compile source code of new kernel which
> is obtained from kernel.org and the kernel source code present in
> /usr/src/linux*** but I can't.

Independant of you running a custom kernel on your machine (hint, turn
off secure boot in your BIOS/UEFI in order to load an unsigned kernel
image, or add your own keys to the BIOS that you create yourself), what
is wrong with the tumbleweed kernel that is not working for you?  That
kernel should be very close to the upstream kernel.

thanks,

greg k-h