Can I debug busybox program running on a qemu virtual machine using gdb?

Richard richard_siegfried at systemli.org
Thu Jul 7 19:45:50 EDT 2022

Hi,

If the goal is only to understand tftp and it's not something hardware
dependend I would debug it on my normal desktop system/notebook. My
distro (debian) has a busybox package. It does not provide the symlinks
to change the ARGV[0] but you can create them manually and then debug
locally as usually with your prefered tool (emacs recommended :) ).

If it has to be in quemu, I see no reason against it, the normal rules
for remote debugging apply.

-- Richard Sailer