pr_info in driver question

A mp ampklabs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 02:47:36 EDT 2022

Hi everyone,

My name is Andrew.

Recently, I went through the Linux Foundations intro to kernel development course. As part of the course, it gets us to put a print statement inside of the uvcvideo driver, recompile the kernel and then load the module and check dmesg for the print statement.

After several attempts, I was unable to find this print statement inside of dmesg. I know that the modified drier was compiling successfully and my custom kernel was indeed installed but no idea about this pr_info statement.

I tried this in Ubuntu and Fedora inside of virtualbox. Not sure if that would make any difference.

Thanks,

Andrew.