How to Convert Legacy Kernel Modules for modern Kernels

Tianrui Wei tianrui at tianruiwei.com
Thu Jan 20 05:10:31 EST 2022

Hi,

I was wondering if there're any tools/scripts in Linux that'd help me to convert legacy kernel modules for using on a modern Linux (Kernel > 5.0) system?

If there're not out of box solutions, is there a way I could view the API changes in every subsystem clearly? For example, this particular commit[^1] shows the second return argument is being removed from ki_complete, and it took a lot of fishing down the lkml to do. Perhaps there is a simpler way?

Best Regards,
Tianrui

[1]: https://github.com/tianrui-wei/dma_ip_drivers/commit/bc9207f9756d69a438ce03bfa6b97b6e0a5c5b3e